Jun 26, 2009

Online Consignment Shop: Savvy Chic Consigners

For months now, I've been toying with the idea of running a consignment shop from my home (or somewhere in close proximity). The thought alone is very enticing. With the ability to set my own hours, take care of my own children, be my own boss and all that goes with it, it was a hard dream to pass up. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't give up on the idea.

I recently spent some time looking online to price out domain names, hosting packages, tutorials (yep, another one of those) on how to design and maintain my own website. I for one, am also very frugal and don't have a lot of money to spend. So, when I learned that I would be looking at about $50 a month, even to open up an online store through Ebay or Amazon, I wasn't interested. Today I learned that it is entirely possible to turn your every day, run of the mill blog into a store of sorts.

So, that is just what I did. I signed up for a blog, used PayPal buttons on it to allow customers to buy items I have "listed" (or more accurately, blogged). It's BRAND-spankin' new, so there are only four items up right now, but I plan to put more up in the very near future. I have decided to be very picky about the items I list. I will not accept damaged merchandise, or anything that doesn't come to me in a presentable manner. Nothing with holes, tears, stains, missing pieces or broken items will be allowed on the site. Right now, I am going to just put up clothing, mostly for women (including PLUS SIZES), baby clothes and jewelry. The items either have to be designer label items or trendy (hence the word "Chic"). Perhaps later on, we will list furniture, who knows?

PLEASE feel free to check it out and email me with feedback, suggestions, requests etc. keeping in mind that this is a new site, so there will most likely be wrinkles and kinks. Let me know what you think. The name of the shop is SAVVY CHIC CONSIGNERS

Here is the web address:

www.savvychicconsigners.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment